Handwarmers

So, in a hurry I looked up on how to knit on two circular needles before I left for the airport. Because I thought, that the security would not take away circular needles but maybe dpns, although I could strangle someone with a circular, right? Well, they did not stop me and I got to knit on that 6 hour flight. And I finished these in New York

The Hundertwasser Handwarmers

Needles
US 7 / 4.5 mm and US 1½ / 2.5 mm
Yarn
Zwerger Garn Opal Hundertwasser
about 120 yards (not sure)
Colorway: Der Blaue Mond

A very easy knit
I just eye-balled it.
With 2.5 mm dpn cast-on 48 st.
K2, P2 for 10 rows in the round.
Change to 4.5 mm dpn and knit 10cm (4in) upto thumb opening (put 4 st on waste yarn and caston 4 st).
Knit 2cm (1in) and change back to 2.5mm dpn ending with 10 rows of K2, P2.
Bind off
Pick up 4 thumb st and caston 12 st around thumb opening
K1, P1 4 rows in the round.
Bind off

You can wear them bare or with a $1 cheapo little 'fits-all-sizes' gloves:


Then on my trip back I had already cast-on socks which I am currently knitting. I have also started a scarf for my friend. Will send pictures and updated info on that another time.

1 comment: