Lucky Day

Saturday I joined the great group of volunteers of the San Diego Wildfire Blanket Project to help assemble knitted or crocheted squares for blankets for the fire victims and I was so lucky to win this little bag in the raffle:

Isn't it the cutest little bag made by Amanda? And it was filled with goodies. Crochet hooks, one Addi turbo circular needle, two books, different gift certificates and this wonderful Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky yarn in a beautiful turquoise blue.


Just my favorite color.
The first thing I did was to search for this yarn on Ravelry to see what others have knitted with this bulky yarn. Don't you just love Ravelry... It is 100% wool so I was thinking of maybe doing my first felting project. I would like to try clogs but I think I will start out with a bag and see if I like felting. I found the French Market Bag , that is what I will try first.

What was also wonderful about this meeting was the opportunity to take my friend along, who had lost her house in October. She will be receiving a blanket and she was able to choose one of so many beautiful finished projects. We decided that the blanket will be delivered to her so that her daughters can be part of the handover ceremony. My friend was so overwhelmed to see that there are still people who care. She had a hard time not to burst into tears.
Unfortunately I felt like an idiot because after receiving that totally unexpected wonderful prize, I had to leave to make it to another appointment. I apologized to the ladies at my working table, but I am sure that it did come over as rude to the rest of the volunteers and mostly to the organizer. So sorry everyone! I will bring cake next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment