So fake

Today I dropped off my car for service at the dealership. Before I got out to hand over the keys, I changed the radio station from my favorite country station to a rock n roll program, because I wanted the mechanic to think I was cool. As if he would care. I hate people like myself, but I had to laugh and handed over the keys with a big smile.....

Waiting for the shuttle to take me to the office, I took out my knitting, (whooohoo, I am on my second sleeve), and a lady waiting there with me, said, oh, how nice, you crochet. It surprises me that almost everyone who comments on my craft, thinks that I crochet. Is this so much popular than knitting? People do not seem to know much about knitting. I always thought with such a big knitting community on the web, word should have gone around. Maybe it is because I use the continental method or that I knit with Inox flex needles, they are like circular needles cut in half with a knob at the end, much better than straight needles and I have them in all needle sizes and length. It does look strange when I knit, because the wiry ends flop around, but still I am using two needles, not one hook.

Es ist schon so oft vorgekommen, dass Leute mich auf meine Handarbeit angesprochen und gefragt haben, ob ich haekel? Es wundert mich, denn ich dachte, dass das Stricken durch die riesige Teilnahme auf dem Internet und in der Blog-welt, sich doch herumgesprochen haben muesste. Hier zu Lande ist aber wohl das Haekeln noch am bekanntesten. Sogar Maenner fragten ob ich haekel. Also muessen sie das sicherlich zu Hause bei Mutter oder Gattin beobachtet haben. Interessant.
Vielleicht ist es meine strickweise, kontinental und mit Inox flex Nadeln. Da fuchtelt immer der runde Knopf am Nylonende in der Luft herum. Sieht sicherlich komisch aus. Aber trotzdem Leute, ich benutze zwei Nadeln und nicht einen Haken, das ist Stricken .

No comments:

Post a Comment